One last addition to my weapon set: a 9mm pistol based on a Beretta PX4 Storm. This is the high-poly model, the low-poly will follow up shortly.
3 years ago I began this project. The idea was to recreate the different generations of stormtroopers from all 3 Star Wars trilogies: the Republic clone-troopers from the prequels, the Imperial stormtroopers from the classic trilogy and the First Order stormtroopes from the Disney sequels. So far I've only completed the sandtrooper version from Episode IV, lets see if I'm able to wrap the whole thing up.
Clone trooper WIP:
No weapon set would be complete without a rocket launcher, so as the final piece for my set I went with the classic RPG-7. The particular variant I chose is the american manufactured PSRL by AirTronic. I've made good progress on the high-poly, it just needs a few details here and there and an optical sight.
As I promised in the first post, here is my progress on the Desert Eagle so far. It has taken me longer than expected because I've been working simultaneusly on an unrelated side project. Anyway, I'm currently about to finish the 2nd pass on the textures and close to starting the polishing stage.
Take care! :)
Here are a few renders done in Marmoset Toolbag 3 of the nearly finished textures of the Vector SMG. This particular gun was quite easy to model. Its almost completely flat surface however made the texturing/shading process quite challenging, since all the detail a visual interest that was lacking on the 3D object had to be implemented via the albedo, roughness and metalness maps. There are still a few areas that need some tweaking but overall I'm quite happy with how this bad boy is shaping up.
Here I added a cylinder with emission and transparency maps to see how the effect worked. The tiling is quite obvious but other than that, it gives a nice touch.